Paul Speaks

Saturday, August 06, 2005

they better be

I was at my favorite hangout today, Bed Bath & Beyond. I was there to buy some cookie sheets, since I can't seem to find mine, and my kitchen isn't hot enough and I want to turn the oven on. They didn't have much of a selection. In fact there was only one product that I'd actually call cookie sheets, it was a set of three Air Bake brand, which I think are supposed to be pretty good, so I got them. I took them to the cashier to pay (I bought a bunch of other stuff too but that's irrelevant to the story, but I'll mention it anyway since you're probably wondering).
I had the following conversation:
TheCashier: (looking at the cookie sheets) Oh, these are the best kind!
Me: They better be.
TheCashier: "And why's that?" (with a stupid grin like she expects some clever, challenging response).
Me: It's the only kind you sell.
TheCashier: (sheepishly) Oh.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home