Paul Speaks

Monday, August 30, 2004

Lots of stuff

I'm copying Erin's strategy of posting a bunch of stuff in one entry, to avoid the overhead of multiple posts. Downside of this is I don't get to come up with fun titles for each post. Actually I guess I can still do that.

1) To View Again
I got my Annual Review at work back last week. My personal policy is to not really discuss with other microsofties beyond a thumbs up/ thumbs down rating (The Result: thumbs up). But if you are someone else and curious I'll tell you how it went.

2) How to Invent Words.
Step 1: Pick an existing word, it should be a relatively new addition to the language. A good example is Metrosexual.
Step 2: Analyze the word - Scott and Robin and I discussed this word saturday while we were hanging out at Greenlake. It often takes on a negative connotation (excessive vanity). However, the complete opposite of a metrosexual is a total slob who cares nothing about his appearance.
Step 3: Alter the existing word to create a new word. In this case, we need a word to describe men who are interested in looking good but don't take it to an extreme. The new word is metro-curious (with or without hyphen). I will use it in a sentence for you: Lee is metrocurious. Try googling this word and you will see that I just invented it.

3) Oh give me a home...
I recommend you try buffalo burgers! They are every bit as delicious as beef but they are healthier. Yum. We had some on sunday. If you are looking for something a little more extravagent. Have a Kobe Beef burger. If you're around Seattle, you can get this at the SeaStar restaurant in Bellevue. Wow.

4) Dude, you're getting...
Sunday night I talked to Adele on the phone after Erin had the great idea to call her up. We all miss Adele, especially when we are playing poker and waiting for someone to go all-in just because they are tired and want to go home. Nowadays we have to wait for Erin to do it. Just kidding, Ladies.

5) How not to be in the club.
Here are some simple steps you can follow
- Go to a going-away party with a group of people at a restaurant in seattle.
- About an hour later, sneak of to a different party up the street.
- Plan to call the rest of your group when you get there if it is a good party.
- Do not actually call anyone and tell them where you went.

I don't know anyone who actually does this. I'im just saying.

6)The Roof
Scott's new apartment building has a roof deck with panoramic views of Seattle. Very nice. We hung out in Wallingford saturday afternoon. It is a cool neighborhood, I would consider moving there. However when I move out of here I am planning to buy my own place (hopefully), and I'm hesitant to make a commitment like that having not lived there before. The good thing would be I could effectively take the bus the work and get lots of reading time, something that has been a bit limited lately.

2 Comments:

  • Apparently not... I had only searched for it without the hyphen.

    I like that one of the first search results is a Simpsons episode though.

    Thanks for pointing that out.

    By Blogger Paul, at 9:22 AM  

  • Here's the comment that accidentally got posted multiple times. I accidentally deleted all of them :)

    "Don't fool yourself into thinking taking a bus to work is good either. Sure you will get to read alot, but that is outwieghed by the waiting outside in bad weather, the bus just not showing up, the other passengers(busses dont' have the highest level of of society on them) and not to mention the extemely uncomfortable ride(bad on the back).
    AND why don't buses or trains require seatbelts? Especially school buses, this has always intrigued me."

    By Blogger Paul, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home