Paul Speaks

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Disco Party in the Castle of Love

In case you didn't know, or forgot, I'd like to remind you that penguins are pretty much the coolest animal on the planet. This morning TheRoommate sent me a link to the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Penguin Camera web site. It's up from 7AM to 7PM PST, and you can watch feedings at 10:30 and 3:00. Needless to say I didn't get much work done today.
Since penguins are so awesome, we would like to have one as a pet. Since I am good at answering questions convincingly even when I don't know what I'm talking about, we were able to establish the following:

  • Penguins would quickly become domesticated enough if they lived in our apartment so we wouldn't have to worry about them running, err, waddling, away.
  • Although they probably lack the ability to be potty trained, we could keep them in the tub most of the time so they wouldn't make much of a mess.
  • If we didn't want them in the tub, we could put them on our patio. This would also win us the Christmas Decorating contest that TheLandlords hold, since our penguin would be way cooler than your multicolored lights and your plastic Santa.
  • Penguins would make noise, but it wouldn't be too annoying. It would probably sound like this . (It's unclear if we could teach our penguin to dance, but I don't see why not).

Please email me if you know where I can get a penguin or if you have one you are trying to get rid of.
In my search to find "penguin music" (I know forget why I was searching for it exactly), I happened across This free mp3 from a group called Emperor Penguin. I think if I had a penguin it would like to listen to this music.
You are going to be so jealous once I get my penguin.

1 Comments:

  • Clearly not. My drunken prose is neither as eloquent nor as well edited as this entry. If you are implying a distaste for penguins, well, I'll just pretend I didn't hear that.

    By Blogger Paul, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home