Paul Speaks

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Paul's Progress

I mentioned in my recent post on New Year's resolutions that I'm planning to run a marathon this year. I'm tentatively looking at a race in Mid-April, the Whidbey Island marathon. However, I'm now considering switching to the Eugene Marathon in Eugene, OR at the end of April. The Eugene course should be much flatter, and thus easier/faster than the Whidbey Island course.

So far the training has been going pretty well. I haven't gotten in quite as many miles as I was hoping this month, but my fitness level still seems to be progressing pretty well. I'm tracking my workouts in a spreadsheet, so if you're curious just how much I've been out pounding the pavement, check it out here. I'll post a new version every few weeks with the latest update.

Note that any reference to "marathon pace" in the log means about 7:15/mile, which works out to around 3:10 for the full race. That is my default goal, since it is the qualifying time required for the Boston Marathon.

1 Comments:

  • That is pretty impressive. Boston in 2008?
    And I thought I was doing good, with about 55miles since 1/1 on my treadmill, you are only 4.5x more than me...
    ----John

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home