Paul Speaks

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Things i don't remember

A few months ago i bought tickets to see the red sox when they came to seattle to play the mariners.  Last week I looked at the calendar and realized the game was coming up very soon.  The Red Sox schedule I have on my office wall lists July 19 as being a day came, and July 20th and being a night game.  So I assumed I had bought tickets for the game on the 20th, since otherwise I'd miss half a day of work. 
This past weekend I was so busy helping out with the Microsoft Intern Game that I completely forgot about the game. 
Then yesterday I was sitting in work and someone sent me a message asking if I was going to see the red sox.  Oh yeah! I have tickets! I almost forgot!
[a little backstory: the tickets never arrived in the mail, so i talked to ticketmaster, and they said they'd have them at will call].
So I called the Mariners ticket office to a)make sure they had my tickets and b)see which day they were for.  Yes they had my tickets.  They were for July 19th.  I was not happy, as I was pretty sure yesterday's game was a day game.  But alas I was mistaken and it was in fact a 7:05 start.  So I called Jason to see if he wanted to go, since I had two tickets.  He had to work till 7, which was fine cause by then the traffic has died down heading into Seattle.
It turned out to be a pretty good game for the first 8 innings.  Until Seattle tied it up in the 9th.  The bullpen really blew it for Arroyo, who pitched really well, with 12 strikeouts, 3 hits and 1 run in 7 innings. He left with a 4-1 lead.
Then in the 11th, some guy I never heard of hit a walk-off grand slam.
Ugh.
The highlight was around the 8th inning when a crowd of Red Sox fans a few sections over started a "Yankees Suck" chant.  The lowlight was the drunk guy in the next row taking his shirt of and dancing around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home