Paul Speaks

Monday, July 26, 2004

Too Close

I went too see Bourne Supremacy last night with Rob, Scott, and Jason. We got there about 5-10 minutes before the movie started and the theater was already so full that we had to sit in the front row. That was bad for several reasons. First, it's just bad to be so close for any movie because the screen is so huge you can't see the whole thing at once. Second, this movie had a ton of close ups and not many wideshots (which is what you'd prefer when you're sitting that close). Finally they used had a lot of shaky-camera shots (e.g. shaky shot of a crowd of protesters, shot of someone running, car chase scene, etc.). Probably the worst movie ever to sit in the front row for.
Another problem was I didn't see the first movie so I was missing a little bit of what was going on. I felt like the movie was really short. It was actually close to 2 hours. I guess I thought it was short because I expected them to fill in more details about some of the subplots, which they never did.
This sounds mostly negative, but the movie did have some good aspects to it, most noteably the car chase scene at the end. Overall I give this movie 2 headless chickens (out of 5).

1 Comments:

  • So having just re-watched the first one last week, i really enjoyed this one. I do agree that they had too many shaky camera shots--i wasn't even sitting *that* close. I can see how with out seeing the first one you would be a little lost.
    Still, i enjoyed it. [Plus I think Matt Damon is hot.]
    -Erin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home