Paul Speaks

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Contest

Today I'm announcing the first (annual?) PaulSpeaks Tax Refund Contest.

After receiving my W2 and 1098 forms in the mail a few days ago, I did some back of the envelope calculations to see how things are shaping up. Thanks to the ludicrous amount of my monthly income that gets redirected towards interest on my mortgage, my AGI will be significantly lower than estimated by the folks in the payroll department. For me, that means a decent size check. For everyone else, it means an opportunity.

Here's how the contest works. I'm allocating $100 of my refund to the prize pool. To enter the contest, send an email to me at paulm1@gmail.com describing, in 100 words or less, how the money should be used. Should I donate it to your favorite charity? Should I take you out to dinner? Should I buy you a new pair of shoes? Should I give $5 to 20 different people? The possibilities are endless.

The contest will run for 4 weeks, meaning all entries must be received by March 6th. Feel free to submit multiple entries! Again, to enter, send me an email with "Tax Refund Contest" as the subject. I reserve the right to reprint all or part of any entry. Results will be published as soon as judging has been completed, which will of course depend on the number of entries received. So put on your thinking caps, and let the games begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home