Paul Speaks

Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday Post

Since it's Friday, and I don't get to dress any more casually than I usually do (well I could, but PJ's aren't really my thing...), so instead I take a more casual approach to being productive. Instead of filling up my precious downtime by whining about how other people don't blog often enough, I thought I'd post something myself.

First, in science news, I've come across some interesting tests online that look at how your brain works. The first test determines to what extent your brain exhibits male or female traits. The second test rates your ability to determine if people's smiles of real or fake. It's harder than you might think. 'Scientists' have some rather mundane theory that our brains are programmed to NOT be able to judge people's actual emotions based on their facial expressions so that people will get along better. Come on, scientists, I think my nephew could have come up with that one.

In other news, I actually have a halloween costume this year, for probably the first time in about 15 years. You'll have to wait to see the pictures though.

In sports news, I've started swimming a couple of times a week at the gym. Maybe if I keep it up, I'll think about doing a triathlon next spring. My excuse has always been that I'm terrible at swimming, but I'm definitely getting better now. Once I get that down, my new excuse will be that I need a road bike, since my current bike is more of a mountain bike-ish concoction, and not a very advanced one at that.

Stay classy, readers.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home