Paul Speaks

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Meeting "The Man"

Yesterday the group I've been working with reached our first milestone for the project, so we went out to lunch at this place called Dixie's BBQ. I had never been before but I've heard lots about it. It's run by this old black guy who walks around with sauce pot and a spoon. The pot contains this ridiculously hot sauce that he makes, which he calls "The Man." He walks around asking everyone if they've met the man, and how many spoonfuls they'd like on their sandwich. Actually, he just asked me "Three or Four?" "One," I replied. He put approximately 1/8 of a teaspoon on my roll. I took a little bit of that and spread it on some of the pulled pork and took a bite. It was hot but not too bad, so I had a little more. My big mistake was taking what was left on the roll, spreading it out, then taking a bite of pork+roll. It was about 5 seconds later than my throat starting tingling. I quickly ate the rest of my cornbread and drank the rest of my root beer to cool off the inside of my mouth.
Overall I give Dixie's 3.5 out of 5 stars. The food was really good and it's a fun place, but it's slightly overpriced and there were lots of bees (most of the tables are outside).

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad you accurately ranked Redbones as #1 and Blue Ribbon as #2. The quality of the meat was not up to Redbones standards, but their sauce was good (not The Man, just their regular sauce).

    By Blogger Paul, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home