Paul Speaks

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Post You've All Been Waiting For

Despite still not having received my electronically direct deposited tax refund, I've picked a winner for the Tax Refund Contest.
Despite a tempting suggestion from Adele that I spend the money on booze and/or candy, as well as a number of other competitive entries, I've selected the following entry, from my Dad, as the winner:


I highly recommend you opt to touch many lives in the Boston
area by donating your surplus $100.00 to the St Anthony 2006
Franciscan Campaign at Arch Street Shrine. It is far too simple for
all of us to look the other way at those in dire straits. Everyday
comforts become so ingrained that we often neglect to understand
the plight of the poor. Many groups are overlooked by government
programs especially if they are not important voting blocks. The
Franciscans of Arch Street endeavor to help all those in need. The
programs they provide consist of a Wellnes Center, Senoirs programs,
Kids programs, and providing honorable burials for the "Unwanted Dead"
The Friars serve the community and ask nothing of the Boston Archdiocese.
A donation here I believe would help far more than a dinner or a little extra
spending money for those of us who really do not need it as much as
others.


As soon as the IRS sees fit to give me back what I owe, I too will be giving something back. If this strikes a chord with your Bostonian roots as well, I urge you to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home